Pay Per Click Advertising
- Predictability – maintain control of costs, operate under a fixed or variable budget, adjust investment seasonally.
- Immediate and predictable results – start advertising today, get traffic today. For the most part, the PPC advertiser can control where their site appears in search results.
- Geo-targeting: the ability to restrict advertising to local markets, or deliver different ads to different geographic regions.
- Tracking ROI is relatively easy. Feedback from PPC campaign results drives ROI higher over time, and can even help with SEO strategy.
- With a well designed site already in place, minimal “on site” changes are required – just add landing pages.
- ROI is heavily dependent on the Website’s ability to convert traffic into sales.
- Requires an ongoing commitment to measuring, managing, and refining the campaign.
- Traffic can be brought in immediately, but optimizing and refining a campaign can take months.
- Depending on the scope of the campaign, developing creatives (ad copy and headlines) can be expensive.
- PPC may be far more expensive than SEO, although effective PPC campaigns can actually cost less.