Search Engine Optimization
- Leverage your site’s natural advantages – content, popularity, linking relationships
- Can deliver substantial benefits at a very low cost, especially for a “content rich” site
- Requires minimal ongoing activity for most sites
- Initial investment in SEO can pay off for years to come
- SEO influences, but does not control, the search engine results – there are no guarantees.
- Delayed results – after the initial SEO effort, expect to wait at least 2-3 months for significant traffic.
- Risk of becoming overly dependent on “free” traffic, because results are variable over time.
- Some modifications to site are required; extent of changes dependent on many factors. A professional SEO consultant can help find the best path to results and ROI.
- Poorly executed SEO campaigns can lead to search engine penalties and long term harm to the organization’s online presence.